Corporate Giving Manager
Community Food Centres Canada (Toronto)
Do you believe that access to good food is a basic right, and that food can be a powerful tool for connecting people and building better health, belonging, and equity? Does overseeing the corporate giving program during a major new fundraising campaign excite you? Community Food Centres Canada is looking for a creative, energetic, and hard-working professional with fundraising experience to join our team and help us drive growth, engagement and social change across Canada.
Who we are
Community Food Centres Canada (CFCC) is a national non-profit that builds and supports vibrant, food-focused organizations in low-income communities that bring people together to grow, cook, share, and advocate for good food for all. We believe food is a powerful community-building tool that can bring people together around shared goals, build skills and physical and mental health, and create the opportunity for greater equity and social change.
Community Food Centres Canada hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Who are you
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Partnerships, the successful candidate will oversee the corporate giving program at CFCC. The successful candidate will understand the importance of building and supporting strong relationships with corporate donors and will have previous experience in a working with corporate donors and their employees. We are seeking a candidate who is at ease and experienced in prospecting for new corporate donors and sponsors. Lastly and importantly, we are interested in meeting candidates who are passionate about the need to change the status quo as it relates to food insecurity and poor health for low-income Canadians.
- Responsible for leading and executing the stewardship of all of our large national corporate relationships. This will include specific responsibilities such as:
- Leading the development and execution of creative employee engagement opportunities
- Creating customized stewardship reporting approaches
- Directing and overseeing systems and procedures relating to the effective cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of existing corporate donors so as to maximize retention of donors at this level.
- Develop and execute the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategy of new corporate donors and prospects:
- Lead responsibility for securing corporate sponsors for CFCC events
- The identification of and development of new corporate relationships
- Engage and support volunteers who are assisting in the development of new corporate relationships for CFCC
- Contribute to supporting a successful and collaborative approach to fundraising between CFCC and our network of Community Food Centres across Canada. This will range from regular information sharing regarding status of national prospects, collaboration in development of multi-site solicitations and stewardships and the coaching of others in the arena of corporate fundraising.
- 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in a non-profit and preferably directly connected to a fundraising team;
- Will have experience with in managing the relationship between large corporate donors and a non-profit;
- Solid understanding of the key principles and practices of a donor development program;
- Experience in securing new corporate donors and sponsorship relationships for a non-profit
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated capacity in writing and creating compelling stewardship reports;
- Evidence of ability to manage complex relationships;
- Relevant post-secondary degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Empathetic to the cause: strongly committed to the idea that access to good food is a basic right and an agent for social change, particularly in low-income communities.
Position details: Full-time; 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start date: TBD
Please submit a covering letter and resume in a single document to email@example.com with “Corporate Giving Manager” in the subject line. Posting closes Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 5 p.m.
Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in CFCC.