Are you a food-lover who believes in the right to healthy, nutritious food for every Canadian? Do you want to make a difference in your community, and meet other emerging leaders who are passionate about building a healthy and inclusive country?
Community Food Centres Canada is a dynamic national nonprofit working to create real change in the lives of low-income Canadians through the power of food. Our Community Food Centres are vibrant, inviting spaces where people of all ages and backgrounds come together to access free, nutritious meals, learn new food skills in the kitchen and garden, and connect with their community.
Members of our Young Professionals Association (YPA) play an integral role in helping us to build more centres in communities that need them, and enjoy opportunities to learn, network, and become allies in the fight for good food for all.
YPA members meet regularly and enjoy many exclusive benefits including:
- Opportunities to network with like-minded young professionals and leaders;
- Access to exclusive events;
- Hands-on leadership and learning opportunities, with a specialized focus on advocacy, governance, project management, special events, and resource development;
- Opportunities to make meaningful community contributions;
- See the impact your charitable contributions have locally and at a a national level
Interested in becoming a member? Email your letter of interest to Miranda McSorley, Development Manager.
"Our food system isn't perfect—there are too many people who go hungry or don't have access to healthy food in today's society. CFCC is changing the status quo for the better, creating solutions that are driven by values such as dignity and community." – Jessica Weisz, co-chair